5 Ways To Get Great Smelling Laundry Without Softener
When we do laundry, we want our clothes to smell nice. Drying laundry outside just is not an option any more. Usually we opt for natural unscented laundry but every once in a while, when we need to store off season clothing or sheets for a longer period of time, our laundry needs a little extra boost in the scent department.
Here are 5 ideas for how to get your laundry smelling extra fresh without any of those chemical softeners.
1. Vanilla scented wool dryer balls. Using the wool dryer balls you already have, add a small amount of vanilla essential oil before every other cycle to kick up the fresh scent.
2. Lavender Water. Put some lavender water into a spray bottle and give your self a quick spritz before throwing it into the washer. Just enough scent will remain after drying to keep it smelling fresh for a long time. Do not love lavender? Try your favorite essential oil, rose water would also smell very clean.
3. Peppermint Laundry Soap. Try Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap for clean and fresh smelling laundry without the all of the chemicals that usually come with a scented detergent.
4. Citrus Oils. Mix one cup baking soda, one half cup borax with one cup of white vinegar and 20 drops of lemon or orange citrus oil. Add this mixture to your bottle of laundry detergent and use as normal.
5. Re-usable Lavender Dryer Bags. 3-4 use dryer bags are easy to toss in and make for nice smelling clothes. We’ve reviewed Trader Joe’s bags here.