7 Home Remedies for Herpes Treatment
What is Herpes?
Herpes is an infection, caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a very itchy and painful problem, generally seen in both men and women. It appears in the form of small red, swelled and liquid-filled blisters or sores near eyes, mouth, lips, and genitals. Herpes simplex virus enters the human body through direct (sex, kiss, touch) or indirect (sharing personal items) contact with the infected person.
They are highly contagious and cause various severe diseases, like brain infection, cancer, chickenpox, etc. In men, herpes blisters emerge on the penis, buttocks, anus, thighs, scrotum, inside the urethra, or inside the penis. In women, they appear on buttocks, cervix, vaginal area, anus, and external genitals. With the help of home remedies and preventive measures, this ailment can be minimized to a great extent.
- Direct contact with mucous membranes or saliva of the infected person
- Intercourse with multiple partners
- Touching the blisters or sores
- Unprotected anal, oral or vaginal sex
- Skin contact
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays
- Surgery on the genital area
- Illness, stress, menstruation, fatigue and surgery also trigger herpes outbreak
- Herpes virus can also transfer to a new born baby from a herpes infected mother at the time of vaginal delivery
The symptoms do not surface even for several months after you get attacked by the virus. Some of the possible signs of the herpes infection are:
These symptoms may appear up to 20 days. Thereafter, they get healed at their own.
- Vaginal discharge (in women)
- Pain while urination
- Feeling unwell
- Recurrent Symptoms
- Ulcers and blisters on the cervix (in women)
- Red aching blisters around buttocks, thighs, rectum, and genitals
Some of the symptoms that usually appear again and again are:
- Itching and tingling around genitals
- Aching red blisters around thighs, rectum, buttock and genitals that burst soon and leave sores
- In women, ulcers and blisters on the lower part of the womb
Treat herpes at home with some easy and quick natural remedies.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is known for moisturizing the skin. It is rich in anti-oxidants and is one of the best home remedies for herpes sores. Take one cup of olive oil. Heat it in a pot and add some lavender oil and bee wax in it. Let the mixture cool down. After cooling, apply the mixture on the infected area.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an effective treatment for getting rid of herpes fast. It provides relief in the itchy and painful sores. Take a cotton ball and damp it in baking soda. Apply it directly on the infected area. It helps to dry out the oozing blisters.
3. Tea Bags
Black tea is highly rich in tannin. It is known for anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Prepare a cup of black tea with the help of tea bag. Allow it to cool down. After cooling, apply the tea bag on the infected area. Leave it for 5 minutes on the sores. For best results, repeat the process twice or thrice a day.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is the best remedy with its natural healing properties. It can be effective for herpes blisters. To soothe the itching and redness, pure aloe vera gel should be used on sores.
Else, take a fresh leaf of aloe vera. Cut it into two halves. Apply one of the gelled parts directly on the infected area.
5. Epsom Salt
Bathing with Epsom salt water is the best remedy to soothe the itching and pain in herpes. Add some Epsom salt in warm bathing water. Take a bath from it. This remedy makes the sores dry, thereby reducing itching.
You can also add some salt in the bath tub. Soak herpes infected area in the water. Allow it to dry and then, take a shower.
6. Black Coffee
Herpes virus infects not only genital parts, but also lips, mouth, etc. Black coffee is one of the best remedies to treat them. Blisters in the mouth cause severe pain. To treat them fast, you are required to prepare black coffee. Let it cool down and take a sip. Hold it in the mouth for some time. Move it onto the lips as well. For best results, repeat the process twice a day.
7. Herbal Tea
Herbal tea is an effective solution for avoiding any type of skin diseases. For treating pain and itching arising due to herpes, herbal teas, like lemon, ginger, cinnamon, and chamomile are very effective.
Homeopathic Genital Herpes Treatment
In order to heal the herpes fast, you can also try some homeopathic remedies. These remedies do not have any side effects and can cure herpes completely within a stipulated time. Here are some best homeopathic herpes remedies.
1. Aconitum: It is used when a person is on the early stage of herpes and feels a tingling sensation in the infected area.
2. Lachesis: It is used when genital herpes outbreaks before menstruation.
3. Croton tiglium: It helps in treating genital herpes in men.
4. Kreosotum: This medicine is especially meant for herpes in women. It is used when there is a burning sensation in the vagina.
5. Hepar sulfur: It is helpful in treating suppuration in inguinal gland.
6. Apis: It is used for treating scrotal edema.
7. Thuya: It is known for its powerful action against genital herpes, warts, and venereal ailments.
8. Ranunculus: It is used for neurological problems occurring as a result of herpes outburst.
9. Arsenicum bromatum: It is used for glandular indurations and herpes.
These are the preventive measures that will surely help in avoiding the attack of herpes virus.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sexual intercourse and kissing for some time until the sores are properly healed.
- Stop sharing spoons, drinking glass, silverware, toothbrushes, and mouth guards with the infected person.
- Drink a lot of water to maintain dehydration level in the body.
- Practice proper hygiene, like hand washing, to avoid bacterial infection.
- During pregnancy, seek regular and early prenatal care.
- Take 7-8 hours of sleep, daily.
- Use latex condoms during the sexual intercourse.
- Engage in stress management or stress-relief activities, like yoga and meditation.
- Avoid alcohol, sugar, and junk foods.
- Maintain cleanliness and dryness in genital parts.
- Take a proper diet, including healthy vegetables and fruits, like apples, cabbage, beetroot, papayas, carrots, mangoes, etc.
- Avoid chocolates, seeds, peanuts, and cereals as they have a high amount of arginine.
- Synthetic, silk, or nylon undergarments can worsen the symptoms of herpes infection in genital parts. So, always wear cotton clothes, which allow the air to circulate.